Hello educators, students, parents, and fans of American civics!
The federal courts in Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin are hosting the third annual Bill of Rights Day contest and we want YOU to be a part of it! Students in grades 5–12 are encouraged to submit a piece of art or an essay on the importance of the Bill of Rights. Be as creative as you like!
Submissions are due by: 5:00 PM on Sunday, October 30, 2022.
Detailed contest prompts, guidelines, and online submission form can be found here: www.JudicialLearningCenter.org/bill-of-rights-day/
The top student from each age category (grades 5–8 and 9–12) in the Central District of Illinois will be:
- notified that they have advanced to the finals,
- able to take part in a virtual event on Wednesday, December 7 with federal judges and other legal experts on the rights afforded to Americans by the Bill of Rights, and
- awarded a $50 prize.
A Grand Prize Winner from each age group (grades 5–8 and 9–12) will be:
- announced at the virtual event on Wednesday, December 7 (student must attend to win the grand prize),
- awarded a $500 cash prize, and
- published (name and submission) at https://judiciallearningcenter.org/bill-of-rights-day/.
Even if you don’t choose to enter the contest, all are welcome for the virtual event on December 7 at 6 pm Central/7 pm Eastern. There will be chances to win additional prizes! Event registration is required. Register here: www.JudicialLearningCenter.org/bill-of-rights-day
Teachers - Be sure to tell your students to list you on their submission forms! All teachers submitted will be entered into a raffle for valuable gift cards. The more students who submit your name, the more chances you have to win. NOTE: There is a bulk-submit option for teachers this year. Contact us through the website for instructions on how to submit for your entire class. Please forward and share this announcement with other teachers and students who may be interested.
Contest flyer for sharing and posting
Event flyer for sharing and posting